Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Salem Katrina Team Report from Gautier - November 29

This message was left as a comment on one of our team's blog entries from last week, posted by another volunteer working at Gautier Presbyterian Church under the PDA relief organization. Here's what he wrote:

Wednesday Night: we have a Welcome Dinner for the folks helping out those in need in Gautier and surrounding area. The Wednesday before Thanksgiving was no exception, with the exception that six ladies from Big Bay, Michigan entertained us. The words were original; the tune was an old familiar one, “Show me the way to go home”.

Show me the way to Gautier
I want to muck and scrape and spray
I want to work without pay for the PDA
Show me the way to Gautier
Show me the way to Gautier
Where the snakes and the alligators play
I want freeze in a tent, take cold showers- Hurray
Show me the way to Gautier
We met some great folks in Gautier
Thank the Lord for paving our way
To where the people were strong
when the storm came along
Show me the way to Gautier
We’re fixing to leave Gautier
Gotta head up north to Big Bay
But the memories we have will forever stay
As we pray for those in Gautier

I am not sure who wrote the song but the following ladies performed beautifully. Laurie, Kim, Linda F., Linda G, Dorothy. A reliable source, (my wife Barbara) tells me they are all part of the choir in their church in Big Bay. We of the GPC were indeed double blessed with willing workers and entertainers too--Dick Poole


I met these ladies with their team from Big Bay, and noted that with them gone from their home church, so was most of the choir, most of the elders, most of the whole town! But thank goodness their crew included the famous pie cook!!!! I'll always remember them as the "blood lust" Scrabble players laughing at us as we stood in the hall asking what they were doing. Nice folks!

1 Comments:

At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've made some decent points there. I checked on the net for more info about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this site.


Check out my webpage :: グッチ 財布 ジッピー

 

Post a Comment

<< Home