Monday, November 14, 2005

Salem Katrina Team Report for November 14



Breakfast was on the table today and the workers got off to a great start, with 10 teams dispatched following devotions. It was extremely muggy last night and through mid-day, but tonight we're enjoying pleasantly lower temperatures and more reasonable humidity.

Wayne figured out a way to deliver fresh water to the RV's and we have another Class A coach parked behind us by the tent canteen. Folks from Brevard County in North Carolina did a great job with a 16-bean soup thick enough to be called stew...great stew!

I mentioned to Ed that I hadn't said much about him on the blog. He says there isn't much to say. So he's no help to me writing this evening, but I can tell our readers that he is kind, a hard worker with so many skills and the world's best listener. Like me, he can't make out much conversation in groups with his hearing aids. I said goodnight to him as he and Dave watched the game...Dallas ahead by seven.

A special surprise was offered when we left from dinner and heard the pipes piping with Scotland the Brave. What a treat to hear this Brevard visitor!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home